It's a unique opportunity offered by PUKAR for Mumbai's (Mumbai Metropolitan Region) Youth to understand and experience the city through research. This is a year-long activity-based weekend course that offers an avenue to identify, understand and study the issues of local communities. The course aims to nurture the knowledge, talent, and passions of youth and promotes their right to research, knowledge production and knowledge ownership. The knowledge which they create at the end of the course also gives them confidence to become informed decision-makers and leaders of their communities. With this course, PUKAR in partnership with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is providing a platform for Youth to upgrade their skills through experiential learning.
Following is brief information about the course:
For whom: This course has been designed for Youth and adult learners who need to have a group of 8-10 members between the age group of 18-35 years, who have cleared their 10th std/ 12th std.
Main modules: 1. Knowing Each other 2. Understanding Research 3. Data Collection 4. Data Analysis and 5. Research Advocacy.
As a mandatory requirement of the course, each group has to conduct a community based participatory research study which will combine key learning aspects from the above five modules.
Medium of Instruction: Hindi
· Key benefits to participants: a) The course provides skills based approach to theoretical concepts of community based participatory research; b) Credit point system of the course adds to the academic rigour; c) Joint certification by PUKAR and TISS d) Social and environment awareness e) Life and employability skills.
Course duration and schedule: 11 months (Only on Weekends - Saturday and Sunday)
1. Module 1– July-August 2023: Understanding Self, Team and Social Realities (Caste, class, religion, ethnicity, gender, environment, equity, Equality, social justice)
2. Module 2 –September - October 2023 : Understanding Research & Methodologies
3. Module 3– November - December 2023: Data collection
4. Module 4 –January-March 2024: Data Analysis & Report writing
5. Module 5 –April - June 2024 : Research Advocacy and Awareness
Location: Mumbai Metropolitan regions (Greater Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Kalyan-Dombivali, Vasai-Virar, Bhiwandi, Mira-Bhayandar, Panvel and Palghar )
Course fee: All the costs are covered by PUKAR, students will have to contribute only Rs. 3,000/- as registration cost for the course.
Application Link - http://yfapplication.pukar.org.in/
To know more about the course, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wryHc8Q9jWQ&t=21s